It’s my Friday! Tomorrow I’ll be hopping on a plane and flying to Pennsylvania to spend my birthday/Memorial Day weekend back home. I’m so excited.
Although I was just home for a quick business trip, this will be more of a vacation. It’s much needed. On my agenda is a whole lot of friends & family time, plus eating, drinking, and enjoying a few days without work.
While I’ll definitely be in vacation mode, that’s not to say I won’t also be getting some workouts in. I’ll go crazy if I don’t!
Here are my favorite ways to work out when I’m home:
- Running my old trails. Nothing beats running at home. I spent a lot of time out on the trails training for my half marathon, so it’s always good to be back. Plus, I know the area like the back of my hand, so I can just zone out and go for it.
- Walking with my Mom. One of our favorite things to do is go for walks together. Hopefully the weather will allow for some good ones!
- Doing an exercise video. I’ve built up quite a collection of Jillian Michaels DVDs, all of which are waiting for me at home. They’re quick, tough, and effective!
- Yoga at my favorite studio. Lauren and I used to occasionally take a yoga class together at my favorite studio downtown. If our schedules align, I’m looking forward to meeting up with her for yoga, coffee
and baked goodson Friday.
- Pickup games. Though it’s been a while since we’ve been able to get everyone together, I used to love playing pickup games of soccer or volleyball with a huge group. Flashback to summer vacations, for sure.
I’m hoping this weekend will be a perfect balance of relaxation & celebration. That’s what it’s all about, right? Let the fun begin! 8)
- What’s your favorite way to work out when you’re traveling?
- Any big plans for Memorial Day Weekend? I’m SO looking forward to burgers on the grill!