Fresh off of my surprise trip home last week, I was excited to have a visitor in Austin. My best friend from college, Sophie, came down to visit for a long weekend.
We hadn’t seen each other in a little over a year, so it was so great to get together again. In just about 4 days, we did and saw SO much. I think she got a great representation of Austin! 🙂
Some highlights of the weekend:
- Burgers @ Hopdoddy — we both opted for vegetarian burgers and raved about how good they were. I chose the ‘Janis Joplin’ special which included a hemp patty, avocado, sunflower sprouts and cheddar.
- Post-hike happy hour @ La Condesa
- BBQ @ Salt Lick — I love bringing out-of-towners here because of the great vibes. Pack a cooler, bring a deck of cards, and wait it out in the sunshine.
- Hanging out @ Jester King Brewery
- Nitrogenated Cold Brew @ Cuvee Coffee
- Walking around Zilker Park, McKinney Falls, South Congress, the Farmer’s Market, and the Capitol.
- Lunch on the Whole Foods Roof (… obligatory.)
- Staying in and just talking, sitting on the porch, watching movies, and listening to 70s music — it was kind of great to just relax & hang out. It’s been too long!
All in all, I’m just so thankful I was able to see my friends and family all within the span of a week.
Between going home and having Sophie come visit, it was an unbelievably amazing week. I’ll never forget how happy it made me!
- Do you ever get visitors from out of town?
- What city is next on your travel bucket list?