So, I finally invested in a food processor. And it’s a game changer.
After a bit of shopping around, I ordered this Black and Decker 8-cup food processor for $26 via Amazon Prime. Can’t beat that deal!
Before, I had been using a Magic Bullet to make smoothies and things. While it served its purpose for a lot of things, I never had much luck using it as thoroughly as the commercials claimed. And after seeing tons of recipes that called for a good old fashioned food processor, I knew it was time.
In the span of 24-hours, I’ve already made:
- Almond Butter (.. Sort of. Tips, anyone???)
- Almond/Date/Coconut Energy Bites
- Chocolate Covered Katie’s Fudge Brownie Brownie Protein Bars (<3333)
- Lauren (Clean Plate Diaries)’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Almond Joy banana ‘nice cream’
Next up on my list is Liz (I Heart Vegetables)’s vegan Nut Meatballs and Zucchini Noodles. Anything that’s vegan and incorporates both of my current favorite kitchen gadgets is bound to make its way into my kitchen.
Speaking of which, my other must-have kitchen gadgets include:
- Spiralizer – because, hellooooo, zoodles!
- George Forman grill – because everything is better in panini form.
- Small plates and bowls – because you feel like you’re getting more food when you use a smaller plate. It works!
- Ramekins – because baked oatmeal.
- Toaster oven – because when you’re a) single, and b) living in 105 degree temperatures, you don’t always want to turn the oven on.
… Guys, I’m on a roll. I’m going to process everything. Then when I’m done, I’m going to bake it, spiralize it, press it into a panini, and eat it off a small plate. And I’m going to be the happiest girl in the world! ; )
- What’s your favorite food processor recipe?
- Other favorite kitchen gadgets?