It’s a Big Sexy Vegan Pancake. I can’t think of anything else to call it. I’m not kidding — I write it in my daily food log as the Big Sexy Vegan Pancake. : )
I typically like to switch up my breakfasts every day, but I’ve made this 7 out of the last 8 days. I’m obsessed!
Full of fiber, it makes your tummy happy. The texture is perfect. And while it’s not super sweet, the addition of peanut butter, cinnamon, maple syrup and hemp seeds take it from good to great.
I LOVE YOU, Big Sexy Vegan Pancake!
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp chia seeds + 2 Tbsp water)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 + 3 Tbsp almond milk
- In a small bowl, combine water & chia seeds. Stir, and let sit for 5 minutes to form a “chia egg.”
- In a separate bowl, slice 1/2 banana in half lengthwise. Microwave for 30 seconds, then mash with a fork.
- Combine oats, oat flour, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin, and milk. The batter should be slightly thick, but not difficult to stir.
- Fold in the chia egg.
- Add the batter to a large, greased frying pan over medium heat. Use the back of a spoon to flatten it into a large round pancake shape.
- Before flipping, sprinkle additional cinnamon to the uncooked side. (Optional but encouraged) : )
- When the edges begin to turn brown, use a large spatula to flip it. Flip with confidence.
- For best results, top with peanut butter, cinnamon, real maple syrup and hemp seeds for extra protein.
- Do you ever eat the same thing several days in a row?
- What’s your favorite breakfast lately?