Though I’ve been a fan forever, this is my first time joining the Thinking Out Loud party! It’s hosted by Amanda @ Running With Spoons, and is a perfect little almost-the-weekend brain dump. It speaks for itself! 🙂
1. Produce is so cheap in Texas. I just bought avocados, blackberries, apples and bananas for $3.65! I love love love Sprouts Farmers Market for this reason. Do you have Sprouts near you?
2. Cold isn’t really cold here. But you won’t hear me complaining! It hit 25 degrees last night, which is very cold for Texas. However, I’m used to sub-zero temperatures, so I’ll take this ‘cold’ any day!
3. It’s amazing what just 1 week of getting back on track will do. Like Kay said, getting back on track after New Year’s was less about “New Year, New Me!” and more about, “oh my God my body needs nutrients.” After a week of solid exercise, meal planning, and zero alcohol on the weekend, I already feel so much better.
4. Sometimes you just need to get your Chinese buffet on. My brother has been pestering me to go for months now, and last night I finally gave in. I forgot to take photos! But the buffet nearby had a pretty decent selection of sushi, spring rolls, pho, vermicelli, salads, salmon, and your classic battered-and-sauce-covered chicken dishes.
5. Kalamata olives were a great investment. Always a pleasure, Trader Joe.
6. “Ice Cream Meetings” are a thing, I guess? Someone asked me to go to a lunch meeting yesterday, but I already had one scheduled. So what did we do instead? Went for ice cream at 2:30 PM. Not questioning it!!
7. Because peppermint mocha lattes are so darn pricy … I’m pretty proud of this snag! : ) Another Sprouts purchase, baby!
Woohoo! It’s so freeing to just get my thoughts out there with no real structure or anything. Just what I needed today.
- What’s the best deal you’ve found lately at the grocery store?
- Is it cold where you are? How are you surviving it?!
- Ever been to an ice cream meeting? Some would do coffee, but I guess we’re non-traditional here. ; )