Hello hello! It’s been a super busy week, so I’m thrilled to spend today running errands and watching Netflix. The best Saturday things!
This morning, I woke up naturally at 5:55 AM and decided to stay up. It was actually pretty nice to lay in bed, turn on Gilmore Girls (I’m not kidding- I’m obsessed) and have a leisurely breakfast & coffee.
Right now, I am waiting on a box of things from home that my Mom sent me. She periodically ships me the random clothes, knick knacks, accessories and decorations I’ve asked her for (thanks, Mom!). This time, I’m expecting some warmer clothes (it’s been FREEZING in Texas) and the start of my Christmas decorations. Sooo excited to put them up — after Thanksgiving, of course.
Speaking of Christmas, I’m getting really excited for the holidays! I was 1 of 5 people in my office who was asked to plan our company holiday party. It’s probably not a big deal, but I’m super psyched!
But is anyone else struggling with the fact that Christmas has taken over Thanksgiving?! I love Christmas, but I can’t help feeling like it’s not time yet!! I actually thanked the Trader Joe’s employee for the fact that they’re decked out for Thanksgiving and not Christmas yet. I think they’re the only ones!
However…. that’s not to say I didn’t buy a Christmas tree from Target today. 😀 They were on sale, what can I say?!
Four Names That People Call Me (Other Than My Real Name):
2. Oh Em G
3. Emma-Dee (reserved for my Grandpa)
Four Jobs I’ve Had:
1. Server @ Dunkin Donuts (for 6 years through high school and college) .. hence “Munchkin.”
2. Barista @ Zummo’s Cafe
3. Talent Coordinator @ 92 WICB, my college radio station.
4. Field Marketing Associate @ Oatmega — more on that very soon! 🙂
Gosh.. I didn’t realize how many jobs I’ve had! Haha. This is only a handful of them.
Four Movies I Have Watched More Than Once:
1. Now and Then — does anyone remember this movie from the 90s?!
2. The Holiday — we were obsessssed with this in college.
3. Dazed and Confused — aaand we were obsessed with this in high school.
4. Elf ❤
Four Books I’d Recommend:
1. Emma by Jane Austen
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3. Looking for Alaska by John Green — check it out if you liked ‘The Fault in Our Stars.’
4. Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat by Michelle May
Four Places I’ve Lived:
1. Scranton, PA
2. Ithaca, NY
3. Los Angeles, CA
4. Austin, TX
Four Places I Have Been:
1. Las Vegas, NV
2. San Diego, CA
3. Portland, ME
4. Niagara Falls, ON
Four Places I’d Rather Be Right Now:
1. Home in Pennsylvania
2. Running Lake Scranton
3. Sipping ‘Blue Moose’ at Zummo’s Cafe
4. Back in bed : )
Four Things I Don’t Eat:
1. Duck, lamb, rabbit, or any animals I consider cute 🙂
3. Whipped cream
4. Most cheese
Four Of My Favorite Foods:
1. Sweet potatoes
4. Greek yogurt
Four TV Shows That I Watch:
1. Gilmore Girls repeats on Netflix. I’m tellin’ ya.
2. Um… NFL football?
3. Anything on HGTV
4. Anything on Food Network
Four Things I Am Looking Forward To This Year:
1. Spending Thanksgiving in LA and reuniting with my college friends.
2. My best friend coming to Austin in December!
3. Home for Christmas (!!!!)
4. Hopefully going home for my birthday/Memorial Day weekend, as well.
Four Things I’m Saying:
1. “Exactly!” — I say this 54584x a day.
2. “Well there ya go.” — for emphasis.
3. “Totally get it.” — Totally picked this up from my boss.
4. “You guys” — Not aboard the “ya’ll” train yet.
Four People I’m Tagging To Do This Next:
Have a great weekend, everybody!
- Have you ever planned a holiday party?
- Thoughts on Christmas vs. Thanksgiving this time of year?