Are you an apple or pumpkin pie person? I’ve always been teased for my tendency to sample each of the desserts at our holiday get togethers. I see nothing wrong with that!
I’ve been experimenting with baked oatmeal lately, and have been loving different flavor combos. My latest success was this Apple Pumpkin Breakfast Bake, and I’m really excited to share the recipe.
There’s been no shortage of apple and pumpkin-flavored everything in my kitchen this fall, and I’m sure many of you are the same way.
By combining apple and pumpkin, you get the best of both worlds … because I don’t believe in choosing between apple vs. pumpkin baked goods. ; )
Apple Pumpkin Breakfast Bake
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/3 stevia packet (I use very little… you can sub for 1 tsp honey)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk (unmeasured — probably about 1/3 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Coat an oven-safe ramekin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, saving almond milk for last.
- Gradually add almond milk until you reach a consistency that is easy to mix, but not too liquid-y.
- Add mixture to the ramekin, and sprinkle the top with more cinnamon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool, or refrigerate overnight and microwave in the morning for ~1:00.
- Top with nonfat plain Greek yogurt, cinnamon and a drizzle of honey.
You can absolutely make this at night, and reheat in the morning. I almost never make baked oatmeal in the morning. Ain’t nobody got time for that, right?
I think this particular flavor combination of breakfast bake will be making many more appearances in my life. If you try it, let me know what you think!
And as always, thanks to Jenn over at Peas and Crayons for hosting the fabulous “WIAW.”
- Apple pie vs. Pumpkin pie — where do you stand?