Good morning and Happy Friday! Does anyone else feel like the weeks have been flying by?! It’s going to be Thanksgiving and Christmas before we know it — yeeeesh!
Today I’m linking up with Clare at Fitting It All In for “Five Things Friday,” highlighting what I’ve been eating, doing, and interested in this week. Can’t wait to hear from the rest of you, as well!
Five Things I Ate
- Rudy’s BBQ to celebrate a coworker’s last day. I got the extra lean brisket … isn’t that an oxymoron?
- This French Toast with sprouted whole wheat bread, 1 egg/1 egg white, microwaved raspberries and goji berries.
- Homemade banana pudding made by my boss and his Grandma! So adorable. Wish I had a pic.
- Salad with salmon, sprouts, brussels, sweets & beets (see what I did there?!)
- Sprouted wheat toast with peanut butter/peanut flour and sliced honeycrisp apple for dinner. It happens.
- Monday: Body Pump and a 10-minute Treadmill HIIT.
- Tuesday (AM): This cardio/bodyweight workout from PB Fingers:
- Tuesday (PM): My last free yoga class at Corepower Yoga – a sweet vinyasa flow, just what I needed!
- Wednesday: A 5-mile hilly run before work.
- Friday: Leg Day — dead lifts, squats, lunges, leg extensions, leg curls, and clean and press. Because I didn’t need to walk this weekend, or anything…
Five Posts I Loved
- “Diet Propaganda – A Rant” – Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli ~ I hope to do a post like this soon. Preach it sister!
- “Microwave English Muffin” – Arman @ A Big Man’s World ~ I’m obsessed with this!
- “Austumn Acai Bowls with Vanilla Cashew Butter” – Jessica @ How Sweet Eats ~ I want all of this, so badly, right nowww! (Insert hearts-as-eyes emoji)
- “What Type of Kale Are You?” ~ In case this question has plagued you for years.
- “On My 30th Birthday, 30 Tips for Your 20s” – P.G. Sittenfield ~ While not a blog post, I loved this article. Tons of these have been floating around the web, but this one is actually smart and well written. What do you think?
Five Things Making Me Happy
- Looking forward to my first University of Texas football game/tailgate tomorrow. I didn’t go to school there, but I’ll be tagging along with some friends who did.
- Austin City Limits Festival!! I’ll be there Sunday. So excited for Pearl Jam, Gaslight Anthem and to see what all the hype is about. Pics to come!
- Gift card freebies. On Wednesday, I won a $15 gift card to Juiceland (smoothie & juice shop in Austin) through a Twitter contest. Scooore!
- Vivid dreams. I rarely remember my dreams, but I’ve had a few really good ones this week.
- My dog feeling better. Lucy is 14 years old (!) and has been going through a bit of a rough patch, health-wise. However, my parents say she’s been having a lot of good days lately. That’s all we can ask for, for now.
Love this fun link-up. A fun way to end a fun week 🙂 Have a great weekend, everybody.
- What’s making you happy lately?
- What was your favorite food, workout, or post this week?