I am super honored to have been nominated by my friend Georgie (@ In it for the Long Run) for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
Georgie and I went to school together at Ithaca College, and are basically the same person food and fitness-wise. She has an awesome job as the community manager for Bai5. Georgie has also been a blogging mentor to me, which I appreciate a ton. xoxo!
I’ve decided to bend the rules a bit and include not only my favorite bloggers, but also my favorite Instagrammers and new blogs I’ve just stumbled upon, who I’d love to learn more about. Hope that’s cool! ; )
Here are the rules:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you –> Thank you, dear Georgie! : )
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, and let them know you have nominated them.
7 Facts About Me:
1) I used to work at the Anthropologie/Urban Outfitters home office. And it was just as beautiful and glorious as you would imagine (ps- Hi Melissa and Marian!).
2) I can’t sleep with my closet door open. I’ve been that way ever since I was little.
3) I’ve become a bit of a coffee snob. I worked as a barista for a specialty coffee shop after college, where I learned a ton about coffee. I pretty much only drink black coffee/Americano now… but I’m not saying I’ll never do a PSL here and there.
4) I still sleep with a stuffed animal. Not embarrassed. ; )
5) I lived in Los Angeles for a semester, fall of my junior year.
6) I used to hate running, but ran my first half marathon in April. (If you’d like, check out my thoughts on The Reality of Training for Your First Half Marathon)
7) I was a DJ for my college radio station. Ithaca’s radio station, 92 WICB, frequently gets voted #2 in the country. I DJ’d for the modern rock format all 4 years in school, and loved every minute of it (even the 4 AM shifts.)
15 of My Favorite Bloggers/Instagrammers
1) Nancy (@southerncoffeelover) – Fellow Austinite (more or less) and all around sweet girl, with the prettiest meals!
2) May (@nutritionhappens) – May’s got a special spot in my heart since I was a winner of her 12 Mugs of Christmas giveaway last year. And her food blows my mind.
3) Susanna (@tastyhealth) – One of the first health accounts I followed on Instagram, and I still make a lot of her recipes.
4) Anna (@annamalcrackers) – Her realistic and balanced approach to health inspires me every day!
5) Joya (@joyacfitness) – XXX Food Porn.
6) Elizabeth (Big Spoon Appetite) – Love her outlook on health, balance, and restoring your body.
7) Erin (The Almond Eater) – Fellow Pittsburgh lover! ❤
8) Jordan (Jordan Fortuner Photography) – A friend from back home, great girl & inspiring photographer.
9) Heather (Kiss My Broccoli) – Best mug cake recipe ever (just follow the link!).
10) Brittany (I Love Vegan) – Anyone could be a vegan if they had her meals!
11) Jenn (Peas and Crayons) – Tons of recipes and hosts an awesome WIAW linkup for bloggers.
12) Emily (My Healthyish Life) – Balance is key, girl. Thanks for the reminder!
13) Cait (Piece of Cait) – Another new-to-me blogger : ) loves being healthy but values balance as well. Amen!
14) Brittany (Freckled Nettles) – Gluten-free guru with meals that make me drool.
15) Tie ~ Julie (Peanut Butter Fingers), Kylie (Immaeatthat) and Kim (@pbeechie). These girls are blogging celebs and I’m sure they’ve been nominated a million times already, but I felt remiss if I didn’t mention these huge influencers!
Are you familiar with any of these bloggers? I’m sure you probably are — but check them out if you haven’t already!