I’m not sure what my ideal Sunday would consist of, but I think today has been pretty darn close!
I woke up before my alarm(!) around 7:00 and resisted the urge to go back to bed. Instead, I drove down to Zilker Park (the soon-to-be home of Austin City Limits) and walked the 3 mile Lady Bird Lake trail.
It’s still a bit chilly from the cold front, and I’m seriously LOVING the relief! I wore shorts and a t-shirt, and was neither too warm nor too cold. Perfection!
I debated going for run on a second 3-mile lap around the park, but opted to hit the gym instead. It was a good decision because I know my HIIT workout pushed me harder than a casual jog would.
My workout looked like this (courtesy of Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers):
It started off easy, then heats up around that 10 minute mark. I was super sweaty by the end, which was just what I needed!
Then, thanks to my pal TJ, my Sunday got super fun.
I am way too excited about grocery shopping. ; ) I know you guys feel me, though. Trader Joe’s trips are exciting!
Here are some of the more fun items I picked up:
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi – I’ve been dying to try these ever since Kylie raved about them, and this was the first time I found ’em!
- Quinoa Cowboy Veggie Burgers – New item! I’ve tried quinoa burgers before, but clearly I’m a sucker for new things. : ) They’ve got corn and black beans and a bit of a Mexican twist, so I’m excited to try them.
- Pumpkin Butter – Nancy got me craving it yesterday, and I already cracked that baby open. So good!
- Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce – Which I plan to make a tofu stir-fry with.
- Spaghetti squash – I haven’t had it in months, and I’m sooo happy fall/winter squashes are coming back in season.
- 3 buck chuck and dark chocolate – Obvi. ; )
Afterwards I came home and walked over to Target to pick up a few other items. Now I’m watching football and drinking wine until I do my meal prep for the week later.
Today has been a nice balance of relaxed and productive- just the way I like it!
- Do you prefer your weekends to be busy or relaxed?
- Have you found anything interesting at Trader Joe’s lately?