I kind of can’t handle the deliciousness of the mug cake I just made.
It had every flavor I’m craving lately – pumpkin, peanut butter and chocolate. Does it get any better?
I was actually going to get froyo tonight. I went to Kohl’s and Ulta where I knew there was a froyo place nearby, and froyo was kind of my secret motive the whole time. But when I turned the corner, the place was closed for business!
I was bummed, but it wasn’t meant to be. You know why? Because this mug cake was my destiny. 🙂
Guilt-Free Chocolate Pumpkin Mug Cake
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt (makes it super moist)
- 1 egg white (3 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4-5 drops vanilla stevia
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk (’til desired consistency)
Coat a mug with nonstick cooking spray. Mix all the ingredients until smooth. Tip: be sure all the flour is mixed in from the bottom of the mug – it tends to stick. Microwave for 1:20. Refrigerate for 5 minutes… if you can wait that long. ; )
Peanut Butter Frosting
(I didn’t actually measure anything – these are approximate. No right or wrong!)
- 2 Tbsp peanut flour
- 1 Tbsp natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 drops vanilla stevia
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk (add a little at a time and stir until desired consistency)
I made this up on the fly and was SO happy with how it came out. I think baking powder and a good ratio of wet to dry ingredients is key in mug cakes. What do you think?
- Do you have a go-to mug cake recipe? When in doubt, I make pbeechie’s 1-minute cupcakes : )
- Do you cook/bake with peanut flour at all? I get mine from iHerb and use it all the time for mug cakes, pancakes, etc.